Resident Property Manager/Caretaker – Lake Vermilion
Title: Resident Property Manager/Caretaker – Lake Vermilion
Based at: Aleppo Island – Lake Vermilion
From approximately April through October, maintain the first-class operating condition of buildings, grounds and equipment while in residence at Aleppo Island, Lake Vermilion. This includes landscaping; housekeeping; seasonal start up and shut down; minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry maintenance; and procurement of supplies. Knowledge and skill of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical is essential in performing assignments. Operate common hand and power tools. Coordinate and monitor job completion by outside vendors.
Key Responsibilities (prioritized)
- Performs housekeeping duties. This includes, but is not limited to: house cleaning; spring cleaning, laundry; and trash and recycling removal.
- Perform spring start-up and fall shut-down. This includes activating and winterizing all systems, installation and storage of household furniture and maintenance equipment, on-site and off-site boat storage, disinfecting of water tower holding tank, and coordination of dock and lift installation and removal.
- Maintain (or coordinate the maintenance of) landscaping. This may include: lawn and trail maintenance, flower and vegetable garden maintenance and watering, brush and tree monitoring and maintenance.
- Perform (or coordinate the completion of) inspection, maintenance, repair, replacement, and/ or installation in the following areas: All structures including roofs, gutters and exterior woodwork; water filtration system; furniture; stonework; wildfire sprinkling system; security system; boats and motors; and other maintenance items as necessary.
- Maintain woodshop. This includes inspection of all tools, proper storage and organization of all tools, and organization and oversight of storage areas.
- Maintain swimming areas. This includes dock stairs/ladders, beach areas, diving dock, and swim area buoys.
- Provide boat transportation for family and guests, including gear.
- Obtain supplies and materials to support ongoing use and function of the island. This may include firewood, propane, water, charcoal, and/or plants.
- Respond to security system year round.
- Collaborate with the property manager. This may include providing information and recommendations; answering questions; troubleshooting issues; and planning and coordinating large maintenance projects.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
List of Structures
Caretaker’s shop and shed
- Applicants should be able to take residence on the island for the duration of the season (approximately April through October).
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding personal information related to the family and property.
- Service-oriented; anticipates needs or issues.
- Respond to family members in a positive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Consistently respond to the property manager in person or by email and phone.
- Commitment to safety, especially in operating watercraft and using tools
- Commitment to protecting the natural environment and reducing impact of use
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach; and talk or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with others assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception. Ability to use lawn equipment, woodworking equipment, chainsaws, watercraft and utility vehicles. CPR qualified is preferred.
Apply for Resident Property Manager/Caretaker – Lake Vermilion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly