Responsible for developing and improving efficient, production processes and methods from parts receiving, through welding, powder-coat, assembly to finished goods at the warehouse or shipping. Establishes time standards in direct labor departments consistent with required level of output. Plans equipment to meet these requirements. Coordinates projects to meet time schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains engineered time standards for direct labor operations.
- Establishes methods and processes for assembly, welding, paint line and related material handling on new products and equipment.
- Recommends capital equipment and prepares capital expenditure requisitions.
- Supervises the installation of equipment, methods and processes as related to accomplishment of goals.
- Works with department supervisors and value stream manufacturing engineers with implementation of new methods and processes.
- Acts as liaison with engineering regarding engineering trouble shooting pertaining to the manufacture of current and new products.
- Makes recommendations for improving safety, quality, or productivity activities.
- Coordinates projects using in-house resources and outside resources to meet project costs and time schedules.
- Must be familiar with OSHA requirements and recommends corrective action to insure OSHA standards are met.
- Implements proper ergonomics in work station setup, processes, tooling and safety equipment.
- Conducts ergonomic audits during production and setups.
- Identify and apply Lean methodologies to insure processes are scientifically controlled and continuously improved.
- Creates necessary documentation (standard work, Heijunka cards, etc) for all new product launches.
- Oversee activities involving automation controls, PLC's, and robotics.
Education: B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Basics of manufacturing processes such as welding, metal cutting and forming, painting and assembly
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience with 3D CAD or Creo Parametric is a plus
- Experience in fixture design (part specific tables and tools to help with manufacturing practices)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Leadership skills to lead a team and pull information from others
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Pro
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to take on multiple responsibilities/ projects at once
- Prioritize based on due dates or importance of projects
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.