Product Marketing Manager
Support the business objectives of the Irrigation Division and the International Division, by efficiently and effectively managing assigned irrigation products through their entire lifecycle. Key functions include: identifying unmet customer needs and growth opportunities, and communicating them via the global multi-generational product planning process; leading new product development projects, ensuring that customer requirements are met, and that schedule and financial targets are achieved; launching new products crisply and successfully; and providing clear direction regarding other day-to-day product management tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, present, and execute multi-generational product plan for assigned products.
- Deliver against annual net sales and inventory goals for product line(s).
- Lead new product development projects, serving as the advocate for the customer, and developing and communicating clear product specifications.
- Coordinate Voice of the Customer activities and other market research required to fully understand assigned product line(s).
- Develop product launch plans in collaboration with marketing managers and marketing communications teams.
- Provide channel partners with timely and accurate product information.
- Together with sales leadership, develop annual sales forecast and quarterly adjustments
- Participate in product development and sustaining team meetings on a regular basis.
- Plan and deliver product sales training, including participation in live training events and recorded product webinars.
- Develop content for sales training tools and marketing collateral materials.
- Monitor competitive product activity, and develop competitive product comparisons for use in training the Toro and distributor sales teams.
- Collaborate with marketing managers, Sales team, and Finance team regarding product pricing strategies.
- Contribute to NPD meetings and project approval meetings.
- Monitor feedback on product performance. Prioritize and lead significant corrective action efforts as needed
- Support customer support and order services with product related assistance
- Support industry trade shows, customer experience events, and other key activities.
- Complete other special assignments, duties, and tasks as required.
- Manage product portfolio
- Contribute to long-range and annual plans.
- Work closely with marketing directors, regional marketing managers, and marketing communications teams.
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Engineering, Sales and Customer Care departments.
- Travel Requirement: 10-15%, including international travel.
Education and Years of Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline, and 5+ years marketing experience (or MBA with 3+ years marketing experience), to include new product development in durable, service-oriented goods.
- Experience with industrial control hardware or similar products desirable
- Experience in product development.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, influencing ability, and effective participation in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly understand markets and customer needs.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple project teams.
- Strong analytical skills.