Legislative Assistant - Sergeant at Arms
Full-time temporary Legislative Assistant position for the nonpartisan Sergeant at Arms department of the Minnesota House of Representatives. The Legislative Assistant provides administrative support services for the department and interacts with legislators, staff and the public as the department receptionist. This position will work Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The position will begin in late January and continue for the regular 2022 legislative session.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflict
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and composition
- Prior nonpartisan legislative experience is highly desirable
Hourly rate is $18.68 - $22.41, commensurate with experience.
To ensure consideration, cover letter and resume must be received by Monday, December 13th, 2021. Late applications may be considered. Send to:
Please indicate the title of the job (Legislative Assistant – Sergeant at Arms) you are applying for in your cover letter.
MAIL: Human Resources
185 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155
Apply for Legislative Assistant - Sergeant at Arms
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly