Director of User Support (Remote)
Ballard Spahr LLP, a national law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers and staff in 15 offices around the country, is seeking a Director of User Support to manage overall technology-related needs and the relationship between the business units and IS with the express goal of delivering services that bridge the gap between IS and the business. This position is remote with the expectation to work in the office, as needed. Must reside in a state with a Ballard presence.
The Director will:
- Lead activities related to planning, executing and delivery of IS services, including Training, User Experience, Technical Support, Hardware and Desktop Applications with internal and external resources
- Create, promote and manage a culture of superior customer service and technology support
- Manage vendor relationships and develop strategic technology partnerships
- Define, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics for the various operations functions
- Develop and manage action plans to improve service quality levels
- Participate in on-going strategic planning for the department
The selected individual will:
- Be a self-motivated, results-oriented professional who consistently demonstrates integrity and the ability to build trust and credibility
- Possess superior organizational skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to interact with a broad range of people and function as mentor and coach with a collaborative style
Requirements include 10+ years of related experience, preferably in the legal or professional services environment, and a solid understanding of both back office and legal practice operations in a law firm and demonstrated technology skills including software applications. PMP and/or ITIL certification(s) preferred. Previous experience developing, nurturing and encouraging staff to embrace change and improve the organization. Awareness of national trends and industry benchmarking with a successful track record of keeping others informed. Ability to work beyond the standard scheduled hours, as needed. Some travel required.
Ballard Spahr offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; life insurance, short and long-term disability; 401(k) retirement savings plan with a firm contribution and match; and a generous paid time off program. Additional benefits provided are health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and a health savings account; firm subsidized emergency child and elder care services; family and medical leave; employee assistance program; and a pre-tax transportation program. The salary range for this position is from $150,000 - $195,000 depending upon experience and location.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates, including veterans and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
The health, safety and well-being of our Ballard community is a top priority. Therefore, all lawyers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. We believe this is the most prudent position to take in order to meet our obligation to provide as safe a workplace as possible. The firm will provide exemptions and accommodations for medical and religious reasons consistent with applicable law.
Resume, cover letter and salary requirements are required.
The firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. For immediate consideration, please visit our career page https://jobs.silkroad.com/BallardSpahr/Careers and apply online.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.