Customer Service Associate
Provide front-line customer service and support for internal and external customers through order entry, order maintenance, order inquiries, and related problem research and resolution. Support includes technical assistance and providing information regarding part identification, availability and pricing with the use of various software and documented procedures. Demonstrates high standards of professional conduct with all internal and external customers. Responsible for managing other critical assigned tasks that impact and support the daily operation of the Parts department as well as other related areas within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Handle incoming calls and other communications. Provide accurate information and support to dealers, distributors, mass retailers, consumers and other departments regarding, order status, order inquiries and changes, order tracking, shipment issues, and policy questions. Responsible for handling incoming orders, logging 100% of contacts in the Salesforce CRM system, and processing returns and credits. Thorough working knowledge of order entry system and other modules to handle all aspects of order management required. Working knowledge of warehouse operations in relation to order handling and parts distribution is necessary.
2. Provide technical front-line support to dealers, distributors, mass retailers, consumers, third-party providers and other departments regarding part identification, pricing, part availability, part research, and internal part issues. Assist in determining product and interchangeability requirements. Thorough working knowledge and operation of online parts reference tools and processes required.
3. Make sound decisions to resolve any issues and/or problems related to phone calls, emails, faxes and electronic orders by utilizing available resources such as internal and external personnel, software programs, documented procedures, and all reference materials to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for creating and maintaining process documentation. Utilizes Project Management tools as necessary. Participates in departmental and divisional projects as assigned. Effectively organizes, assembles and arranges resources for optimum efficiency.
4. Demonstrate and continue to develop through training, team involvement, and interaction with other departments, the skills needed to maintain the highest standards of professional excellence. Skills to include proper telephone and email techniques per department guidelines.
5. Provide daily departmental support by managing the following: divisional marketing programs, distributor/dealer account maintenance, system order exceptions monitoring and resolution, order expediting, claims and part return processing, electronic order administration (EDI, EDN, OMS), inventory allocation checks, cross referenced parts maintenance, and multiple reporting functions. (Excel, Access, SAP, DPE). Analyzes and adjusts work procedures for maximum efficiency.
6. Additional duties and projects as assigned; most commonly assigned include dealer closeouts, online store administration, Toro employee parts sales, Engineering and in-house orders, and third-party escalated case handling utilizing SalesForce software.
High school diploma, or equivalent
0-3+ years prior customer service experience and excellent phone skills.
Works under general direction.
Responds to inquires and requests within guidelines.
Uses good judgment when dealing with customers.
Handles more varied assignments.
Mechanical aptitude and ability to handle wide range of phone situations in a professional manner required for higher level
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.