Technical Writer Intern
Do you want to build your Technical Writing portfolio with live published content and cutting-edge technology, while working for an industry leader and household name?
The Technical Publications Department at The Toro Company is looking for an exceptional intern with great ideas, skills, and passion for Technical Writing and innovation. In this position, you will author and contribute to our topic-based authoring project using the DITA XML architecture. You will use PTC products (Windchill content management system, Arbortext Editor, Creo Illustrate) and the Titania content delivery solution and web-based review tool, work with multiple departments (Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service), and user test animations and augmented reality experiences that add great value for our customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Author content in the DITA format, using minimalism concepts and the Toro Style Guide for Technical Content.
- Improve and redraw graphics.
- Prepare converted content for review by subject matter experts.
- Provide feedback on training materials and processes.
- Convert process documents into DITA.
- User test animations, augmented reality experiences, and other graphical instructions.
Basic Job Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate student with two years or less left to graduate in Technical Writing, Information Development, English, or similar field with experience in Technical Documentation
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Availability to participate for the duration of the Internship Program full-time
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Proficiency with MS software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with markup languages, such as XML or HTML
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw
- Interest in mechanical concepts and emerging instructional technologies
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.