Specialist II, Lean
Implement and support The Toro Company’s Lean Enterprise system throughout the parts distribution center located in Plymouth, Wisconsin while partnering with the Lean Enterprise team and all levels within the site to achieve improved performance and transformational change.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and guide the implementation of the Toro Lean Enterprise system, which includes the use of various process improvement tools including, but not limited to: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, Cell Design, Continuous Flow, Material Flow, Visual Management, Change over, TPM, Root Cause Analysis
- Collaborate with site leadership and Lean Manager to develop and execute transformation plans to drive improvements in key metrics such as safety, quality, delivery, cost, cash, employee engagement, and growth, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Compiles feasibility studies, gap analysis, workflow analysis, and requirements analysis on new methods / systems
- Identify metrics that can be utilized to track progress on various processes.
- Support Lean Enterprise system maturity self-assessment process and coordinate gap closure planning with Lean Manager
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring of Lean principles, concepts, behaviors and tools at all levels of the organization in an effort to enhance the existing culture to one of continuous improvement
- Facilitate Kaizen teams/events, track progress, and follow up to ensure gains are sustained
- Coach and support others within the site to become Lean practitioners and team facilitators
- Communicate to site leadership team on overall Lean Enterprise initiatives, continuous improvement projects, kaizen status and assessment of customer needs on a regular basis
- Designs physical facilities, material flow and traffic patterns to optimize floor space utilization and minimize travel
- Participate in specific engagements with the Lean Manager to evolve the Lean Enterprise system, share best practices, report progress and provide support to other Lean Managers as necessary
- Stay current with technologies and Lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking
- All other tasks and projects as assigned
- Distribution Center setting with moving equipment and varying lighting, temperature, and noise levels when working on the warehouse floor
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices.
- Ability to work up to 80% of time in warehouse environment to collaborate with teams and identify/implement improvements
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business or similar field required
- 3-5 years of experience in Lean / continuous improvement and project management in operations environment required
- Lean Certification or Formal Black Belt training, or ability to obtain within 2 years
- Previous experience grounded in Lean principles, tools, and systems such as Value Stream Mapping, Material Flow, Visual Management, Standard Work, 5S, TPM, Mistake Proofing, Root Cause Analysis
- Demonstrated experience supporting the transformation of business processes, with the ability to promote and sustain continuous improvement efforts/projects and culture through engaging, influencing, inspiring, and motivating others
- Ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong interpersonal, conceptual, project management, decision-making, problem solving and project leadership skills required
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and ability to prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds
- Highly self-motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications; Word, Excel & PowerPoint. SAP and Visio preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.