St. Catherine University
and the Marketing
team invite applications for a Content Marketing Manager
The Content Manager is responsible for writing and maintaining an inbound marketing strategy for the top tier pages of st.kate.edu with the goal of achieving enrollment goals. They will be responsible for creating a rotating-membership group of larger University stakeholders - a Content Council that informs website strategy and communicates the content marketing plan for the website.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable٫ refined skills in creative writing, and strong expertise in creating direct response communication. They should be detail oriented and able to work proficiently under pressure. Additionally, they are an expert in content optimization and brand consistency. They will also ensure that customer engagement and experiences are positive٫ as well as that brand consistency is maintained.
As a member of the Marketing team, the Content Manager will work with an integrated team across a variety of projects and functions. This role is best suited for someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, is flexible and works well with ambiguity, has a collaborative and team-oriented approach, and continuously strives to achieve high quality work.
- Develop content strategy and editorial calendar that aligns with marketing objectives and enrollment goals of the university both long term and short term.
- Keep University stakeholders and teams on board with creation of Content Council.
- Collaborates with Communications to leverage shared content.
- Write and publish engaging content for the website. Edit٫ proofread and improve upon submitted content, when necessary. Ensure brand consistency.
- Optimize content according to SEO best practices.
- Ensure all data and work is legally compliant (e.g. copyright protection, and release forms)
- Remain current on developments and generate new ideas to draw attention of audience.
- Identify and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Ability to create an environment that supports collaboration, high-quality work products, and creativity.
- Stay up to date on higher education and other relevant topics and issues in order to align marketing activities with current happenings.
- Review and edit content from University partners and internal team.
- Collaborate with project teams to discuss plans, strategies, and results.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Two (2) years of experience as a Content Manager
- Two (2) years working knowledge of MS Office, Drupal, WordPress or other CMS and content calendar application
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and online publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Comprehension of and familiarity with social media as part of the marketing mix
- Outstanding written English skills with a detail-oriented work style
- Agency copywriting experience
- Direct response copywriting experience
- Content management expertise for large enterprises
- Higher Education experience
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Karen Zellner at firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline is January 7, 2022.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine . St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.