St. Catherine University
and the Office of the Registrar
invite applications for a full-time Academic Information Specialist
The Office of the Registrar
team values collaboration and prioritizes the student experience. We build relationships across campus to support student-centered approaches to higher education, creating the best possible student experience within policy parameters. The Academic Information Specialist
evaluates and processes transfer work for all associate degree seeking students, both before and after the student's acceptance to the university, collaborating with colleagues across campus to ensure that associate program students are prepared to graduate. Responsibilities include:
- Keep the student experience front of mind, creating and improving processes to best serve our constituents fairly and efficiently while ensuring compliance with federal and university policies.
- Manage responsibilities and meet deadlines in an environment where multiple priorities must be juggled in order to best serve our students, faculty and staff in a timely manner.
- Utilize critical thinking and detail orientation skills, and transfer policy expertise to complete accurate transfer evaluations and enter data for every student accepted to programs offered at the associate level, participating as an integral member of the Registrar Office Transfer Team.
- Make recommendations for improvements to the transfer process and to services offered to transfer students.
- Supervise the customer service coordinator, ensuring that virtual and in-person visitors experience a welcoming and respectful environment and that all are treated with compassion and professionalism.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the CSC for issues that are more complex in nature and require input to develop solutions.
- Manage student records process like grade changes, requests for satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading, incomplete and extended grades.
- Communicate with faculty and students to provide education and information when requests cannot be processed due to academic policy.
- Follow up with instructors who do not submit grades in a timely manner, and provide policy and technical assistance as needed.
- Process special registrations and manage the registration PIN process, including adding, deleting and assigning special PINs.
- Manage College for Women attendance issues by working with faculty and dropping student no-shows.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of professional experience in a registrar's office or related department within higher education.
- Intermediate skill level using Google Sheets, Google Docs and Excel to manage and share data, including but not limited to filtering, sorting, and merging data.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population.
- Experience using Banner, a student information system
- Supervisory experience
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Cindy Egeness at email@example.com . Application deadline is January 9, 2022.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine . St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.