Description: SENIOR MANAGER RESPONSIBLE SOURCING POLICY AND GOVERNANCE- Stakeholder Engagement & External Transparency About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this
$70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target's resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Sourcing
means having a hand in developing products that have a positive impact on people and the planet. We integrate our sourcing capabilities with our propensity for quality and social responsibility to positively impact the cost and quality of our products. We care about the lives of the people who make the products Target guests love, and we're mindful of the impact our manufacturing practices have on the environment. In Sourcing, you'll apply your Fabric, Trim and Packaging and accessories and/or home goods expertise to promote and apply responsible sourcing practices while driving the success and growth of Target's owned brands. The Sourcing team starts at the very earliest stages of product development, builds out the costing models and tracks where product stands at every step in the production cycle, from overseas shipping to our import warehouses, distribution centers and stores. And since Target is indeed a global company, you'll be part of the team that manages global relationships in partnership with the buying team who shop for trends all over the world. Your ability to stay aware of our suppliers' activities will help ensure compliance with responsible practices, and you'll have influence over which manufacturers Target chooses to work with. You'll be a close point-of-contact with Target team members in sourcing offices located in 20 countries around the globe, and you'll support their work as liaisons among buyers, product developers and overseas partners.Senior Manager, Stakeholder Engagement & External Transparency
As a Senior Manager, Stakeholder Engagement & External Transparency, you will be part of the team that manages the strategy and policies for Responsible Sourcing. You will be responsible for developing a stakeholder engagement strategy and governance as well as manage external disclosure to support Target's responsible sourcing ambitions. As part of a global team you will build relationships both internally and externally to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.General Requirements
- Maintain a leading edge in understanding evolving external stakeholder expectations in terms of engagement and disclosure.
- Partner with internal terms such as corporate ESG, Investor Relations, Communications and Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability.
- Develop a consistent partnership vetting process to be leveraged across all RS&S functions
- Design, plan and implement strategies and governance models with a broad scope
- Provide proactive insights to the organization to drive updates to Target's policies and goals.
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices.
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- 5-10 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of global labour, health & safety regulations, and/or environmental regulations/issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
- Ability to work in a global environment
- RS and/or developed external sustainability network
- Communication and/or ESG experience
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
The exciting part of retail? It's always changing! Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,300 to $146,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.