Legislative/Information Technology Assistant House Research Department
The House Research Department, a nonpartisan legislative research office, serving the entire Minnesota House of Representatives, has one temporary, full-time legislative/IT assistant position available for the 2022 legislative session. (This position will begin in late January and end in May.)
Duties include: Providing high-quality support services (administrative and IT) to the department; assisting with the technical production of bill summaries, publications, and other materials; and trouble-shooting computer hardware, software, and network access issues for staff.
Applicants should have:
- excellent computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word;
- interest in solving IT problems and investigating solutions;
- excellent proofing skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to be a self-starter with a responsible work attitude; and
- the ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
Most of this work will be done remotely, but there will be times the work will be done on-site; reliable Internet connection is necessary to perform this job.
Entry salary: $18.68 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To be considered, send a cover letter and resume by the end of the business day, Wednesday, December 29, 2021 to:
(Important: Please include the words “Legislative Assistant” in the subject line of email)
US MAIL: Editor/Publications Manager
House Research Department
155 State Office Building
St. Paul MN 55155
Please do not send duplicate applications.