Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Intern
The Advanced Manufacturing Intern will have the opportunity to work with The Toro Company’s Advanced Manufacturing Team from the worldwide headquarters of The Toro Company in Bloomington, MN. The key role of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) team is to lead the development and production of successful products from inception through 1st production and supporting this product during its production lifecycle. The AME provides Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) support to the New Product Development (NPD) teams with the goals of maximizing product quality and minimizing product cost. With the support of the Project Leader and the plant Manufacturing Engineering team, the AME champions design changes that will improve product quality, reduce product cost, and improve product manufacturability.
The AME supports the Manufacturing Engineer (ME) during the transition from product prototyping to pilot and first production. The AME manages the tooling budgets, selects appropriate tooling methods and authorizes spending. The AME manages the part quoting process and performs the make versus buy decision. The AME also explores new technologies and materials that can be beneficially incorporated into product designs and manufacturing processes.
Working with Toro’s operations and Advanced Manufacturing teams, you’ll gain hands-on experience by working side-by-side with experts in your field. Toro Advanced Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers who are recognized around the world for innovation and quality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learning and participating in the new product development system
- Supporting the move of a product from one manufacturing facility to another
- Visit local manufacturing plant and support a prototype, pilot or production build
- Complete a report out presentation to present to other Toro employees
- Works under the guidance of an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer as assigned.
- Participate in VR(virtual reality) assembly, welding and product reviews
Job Qualifications: We require interns to be enrolled in an educational program during the duration of the internship program.
- High school graduate actively enrolled in an accredited 4 year engineering program in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Agricultural Engineering. Must have achieved Junior status (2 years completed), with a graduation date no sooner than December of 2023.
- Technology background/studies preferred.
- Ability to work independently on projects and on a team.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite software required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.