Entrepreneur Resource Coordinator
This position provides concentrated support for Ashland County businesses and non-profits. Provides consulting services, individual coaching, and group class instruction. Serves as a knowledge base to connect entrepreneurs with educational and financial resources. Primary duties include:
- Help entrepreneurs develop business plans and secure financing for business startup or expansion.
- Teach basic business classes to small groups of entrepreneurs seeking to launch their own businesses.
- Develop specialized entrepreneurial programs for veterans, women, and minority populations.
- Write grants in support of AADC operations, entrepreneurship programs, and community projects.
- Administer AADC’s revolving loan funds (RLF) programs. Responsible for marketing and outreach, assisting applicants with loan documents, facilitating loan application review meetings, maintaining records, collecting loan payments, and preparing reports.
- Manage AADC’s website and social media. Create and distribute marketing materials for AADC programs, write newspaper articles, and design print ads.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard confidential information, exercise good judgment, and perform duties with discretion and accuracy.
- Proficient in the operation of basic office equipment and Microsoft Office software.
- Experienced with financial documents including financial statements, spreadsheets, and tax returns. Understands lending procedures, documentation, and regulations applicable to origination and servicing of business loans.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.
- Skilled and diplomatic verbal and written communicator able to collaborate with others and establish and grow positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and partners.
- Positive attitude with desire to provide excellent customer service, collaborate with community partners, and be a part of positive change within Ashland County and the Chequamegon Bay area.
- Ability to develop class plans and speak in front of an audience.
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Associate Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Community Development preferred, or equivalent related work experience.