Job Duties & Responsibilities*: (6-8 bullet points of responsibilities conducted on a regular basis
- Performs new product validation and/or manufacturing/production tests using HTL procedures and fixtures. Observes testing procedures, evaluating for the process, and documentation improvements.
- Records test data and prepare written reports.
- Maintains required logs on tests.
- Visually examines and photographs parts, tests products for functional defects/conformance, and identifies failures.
- Analyzes test results identifying potential problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Performs maintenance and makes improvements to test equipment and computer systems to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Assists in the development, design, and construction of test fixtures and test equipment.
- Assists and/or performs repairs on test tanks, pumps, manifold, piping, and electronic/electrical or mechanical components.
- Assists with test and measurement equipment calibration verification
Job Qualifications: (Indicate requirements/desired that are job-related and consistent with business necessity, e.g. Education & Certifications, experience, knowledge, skills & competencies/job dimensions of working relationships.)
- Education: High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree or certification in a technical field desirable
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience.
- Training: Ability to read, understand, and use blueprints, schematics, and test procedures. Knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Computer Skills: Must have the ability to effectively use a personal computer and associated software.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to engineers, manufacturing employees, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Grades 6 and 7 technicians must have the ability to solve non-routine problems.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to effectively use various electronic, hand, and power tools and test equipment. Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, and test procedures. Ability to use precision measuring devices.
Other Job-Related Components: (e.g., Physical demands, working conditions, travel)
- Physical Conditions: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.