Developer II, Software
At The Toro Company we're on a mission - to deliver superior innovation and to provide superior customer care. Our software developers build complex systems utilizing current and next-generation technologies. These products are integral to The Toro Companies goal of being the most trusted leader in solutions for the outdoor environment and by providing our customers the products they need to enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land.
We're actively seeking a software developer who has passion for creating the highest quality software, who brings fresh ideas from all areas, believes in and practices test-driven development, and aspires to take their career to the next level. As a member of a growing team, you will design, code, test, support and debug new software and/or enhancements to existing software. In addition to software development, you will be involved in evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other engineering teams, business stakeholders, project managers, and business analysts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Understand company goals and practices and apply them when resolving a variety of problems. Use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions. Create & maintain technical specifications for all development work Design, write code, and unit tests that adhere to requirements Collaborate with internal team members, customers, and management on all aspects of the development lifecycle Responsible for handling incident requests, which includes troubleshooting and break/fixes Produce quality documentation to impart both knowledge and clear support procedures Deliver consistently solid and successful solutions in short development cycles Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices Understand emerging technology and infrastructure as it relates to development and architecture (operating systems, security, hardware, etc.) Enforce standards for development and documentation such as naming conventions, revision notes, version control, etc. Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels Build Proof of Concept Applications Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation Drive process & product improvements to aspire to higher productivity and quality levels Install/upgrade, configure and apply support packages
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or applicable Trade School certification and 4+ years’ experience in software development.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Ability to participate in and offer direction in technical discussions
- Ability to work with and communicate with business client(s) to understand their system/application requirements and translate that into technical requirements
Microsoft Software Technologies – Design & Development Experience:
- C#, .NET 4.6.1, .Net Core 2.0, .Net 5
- API Development
- Azure Application Insights Logging - Code
- Azure Portal – API Management, Application Insights, Monitoring
- Visual Studio 2019 +
- Visual Studio Database project.
- SQL Server 2014+
- API Development
- JSON and XML format
- Azure DevOps (GIT repositories, work items, backlogs, task tracking)
- inriver® PIM Connector Development (Nice to have)
- Work in an Agile environment
Other Job-Related Components:
- Work is project-oriented and actual tasks must be defined by employee. Receives only general instructions on new work.
- Travel based on need. (Less than 5%)
#LI-hybridWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.