Design, code, test, support, and debug new software and/or enhancements to existing software. Collaborate closely with other developers and contribute subject matter and technical expertise to develop specifications that will solve business client needs, problems, and required or desired enhancements. Interact directly with business clients. Serve as a mentor to less experienced developers. Design and manage standard software or software modules that support a range of business processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code, test, debug, document and implement complex software applications
- Analyze customer requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Lead the design phase of projects by providing superior technical expertise and direction to the project team
- Provide technical advice, instruction, and training to other unit/department personnel with less experience
- Apply comprehensive and advanced knowledge base to provide software or technology solutions
- Conduct research and create documentation on new functionality, validate concepts and provide knowledge transfer to create a savvy user group and effective solutions.
- Responsible for applying best practices, planning, and coordinating testing, conducting data and process analysis, implementing data avoidance, removal or archiving where possible to maintain system and data integrity.
- Provide support to users through troubleshooting issues, proposing process enhancements, conducting data queries and updates, and providing training to maintain efficient business process flow.
- Work independently towards pre-determined long-range goals and objectives, applies knowledge in support of software and/or technology solutions. Requires the ability to interpret and solve unusually complex problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB DIMENSIONS: (working relationships, customers, territory, products, scope of responsibility, e.g., budget, supervision)
- Position has no direct reports or staff but may provide work leadership or support to others.
- Works with subject matter experts and management as well as IS to establish requirements and solutions.
- Supports end users through technical assistance and training
- Travel Requirements: Occasional. Less than 10%
SPECIFICATIONS: (education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 6+ years’ experience in software development
- Strong background in engineering and manufacturing processes a plus
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement techniques and business systems that include PTC technologies.
- Windchill: including PDMLink and MPMLink
- ThingWorx IIoT platform:
- Connectivity protocols: Edge MicroServer (EMS), REST, or Kepware Server
- Analytics: Build and operationalize analytics architecture requiring SQL database management skills
- Working understanding of system integrations such as SAP ERP a plus
- Desire to be challenged and continually learn new skills
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities and follow through energetically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical users to successfully complete work assignments.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.