Req #273Friday, December 3, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas related to accounting functions and financial reporting. Responsibilities include developing and implementing accounting principles, policies, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position is also responsible for the general ledger, including revenue, expense, assets, liabilities, owner equity, general ledger maintenance, preparing financial statements and management reports, monthly account reconciliations and year-end audits.
Essential Position Qualifications:
- Responsible for the accurate accounting of all general ledger accounting and transaction activities including Sales, A/R, Cash, Labor and Expense processes, lease accounting and sub-ledgers.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of general ledger entries and account reconciliations for timely month-end closing; including, but not limited to, internal transfers, expense accruals and checking for completeness of monthly books and resolving all outstanding items.
- Full responsibility for accurate and timely accounting and reporting for affiliated entities, including lease accounting.
- Complete all equity accounting including ownership shares and profit distribution for all entities.
- Assist management with year-end and periodic audits of financial statements, company benefit plans, and tax returns.
- Provide supporting information to outside tax accountants for the preparation of company and owner income tax reports.
- Maintain all bank accounts for all entities, oversight of credit, loans and cash management arrangements, cash flow planning, covenant compliance, and any associated reporting.
- Conduct research, do analysis, and create accurate, timely reports on issues identified by internal or external customers. Serve as resource for associate’s accounting questions.
- Develop and deliver periodic reporting of corporate, divisional, and related party financial statements and supporting financial schedules.
- Document and maintain company accounting policies & procedures including development, implementation, and monitoring of internal controls.
- Provide direction and leadership of all activities related to the maintenance and support of the company’s accounting systems and sub-systems, including maintenance of the general ledger set-up.
- Assist management with budgeting and monthly analysis of assigned departments and maintain budgeting application.
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this positionData Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details Job Family Administration Pay Type Salary Apply Now