Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 01/07/2022
Closing Date: 01/24/2022
Salary Range: $25.20 - $45.94/hourly; $52,617 - $95,922/annually
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices and recently recognized as a Star Tribune 2021 Top Workplace — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity, safety, and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated professionals who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal culture that supports that calling.
The Office is seeking an Office Manager to provide leadership and supervisory oversight of legal support staff and manage office administrative activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly supervise a large team of office support staff and give appropriate direction, training, and assistance so that employee performance is optimized
- Assign, direct, and evaluate work to ensure that deadlines are met, work is distributed equitably, performance standards are met, and office objectives are maintained
- Interview, select, coach, train, and direct the training of new support staff
- Maintain accurate position descriptions, conduct timely performance evaluations, administer discipline as necessary
- Schedule and conduct regular support staff meetings
- Support the day-to-day and long-term operations of the Office including safety, facility management, and vendor relationships
- Perform special management and administrative projects as assigned by leadership
- Supervisory or other leadership experience that includes directing and assigning work, providing training, and managing performance
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively and professionally with senior leaders, colleagues, and direct reports
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience working in a law office
- Previous experience supervising employees covered by a bargaining unit
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Public service with this office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program for state government employees. (Visit https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.)
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the State’s official application and hiring site. The deadline for applications is January 24, 2022.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers;
- Apply for posting number 51790
If you have questions, contact Sarah Spence-Koivisto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/757-1050.