Maintenance Technician III
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Maintenance Technician III position at our Garden Terrace Apartments, Garden Terrace Commons, Norwood Square, and Brandes Place properties (142 units).
In addition to the hourly rate, a sign-on bonus of $3,000 minus applicable taxes will be included! ($1,500 paid after 90 days of employment; $1,500 paid after 6 months of employment).
The primary responsibility is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units and completing preventative maintenance.
- Schedules, prioritizes and ensures timely completion (48 hours) of work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs related to air conditioner units, air exchange systems, boilers, electrical work, carpentry, fixtures, HVAC, plumbing, appliances and windows.
- Develops, tracks and completes a preventative maintenance program for assigned properties including grounds maintenance, basic housekeeping tasks and general upkeep.
- Prepares vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Assists in training and development of level 1 maintenance technicians.
- Interacts with residents, vendors and fellow employees in a respectful and professional manner, treating others with dignity and empathy.
- Works with management to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Clear, concise communication with property manager and regional maintenance supervisor on work schedule for assigned sites, purchases, work order and unit turnover status, on-call work and preventative maintenance.
- Relays all delays to involved parties including communicating directly with residents and property managers when delays are the result of parts being ordered.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
Performs other projects as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2 year Tech degree or equivalent work experience
- Four years apartment/building maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours worked on internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Excel.
- Special Boilers license
- Class A Boilers license preferred
- CRMT accreditation preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively written and orally.
- Must be able to work on call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and preventative maintenance.
- Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull.
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather.