AS Coordinator - Senior Sites
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the AS Coordinator Senior Sites position at our Concordia Arms property in Maplewood, Minnesota. The Advantage Services Coordinator promotes the mission of CommonBond Communities by planning, coordinating and evaluating services provided for residents living in CommonBond housing communities. Major responsibilities include provision of individual services and programs that promote resident stability, advancement and independence; financial performance of property; and community engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Coordinates network of service providers to meet needs of the housing community and individuals.
- Responds to referrals for individualized services.
- Assesses community and individual needs through resident leadership and assessment.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the referral source, the individual, other CommonBond Communities staff and community service resource.
- Maintains accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework and group based programs in accordance with professional ethics and guidelines.
- Responds by phone to resident referrals from site manager or others within 24 hours and arranges for an assessment appointment within five working days.
- Works with residents to explore options, set goals and obtain services.
- Consults with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines.
- Acts as liaison between community service providers and housing management.
Coordinates the implementation of Wellness Opportunities in housing communities
- Maintains communications with mini clinic and foot care nurse, home care agency nurse case manager, for each housing community.
- Promotes and coordinates the services of wellness speakers, exercise classes and flu shots and conducts monthly discussion groups for residents by working with appropriate agencies, institutions, residents and families.
Promotes positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
- Provides empowerment and encouragement that executes resident leadership.
- Provides assistance to residents to plan and execute community building activities.
- In collaboration with residents, develops, plans and implements the activities of the senior advantage center( where applicable).
- Develops a directory of service/resources for each housing community.
- Coordinates publication of each housing community’s monthly newsletter.
- Maintain productive relationships with owner/affiliate boards where appropriate and with community partners.
- Participate in ongoing interactions with Resource Development team on volunteer recruitment and in corporate sponsored site projects and activities.
- Actively participates in Advantage Services team meetings and promotes collaborative problem solving and professional development.
- Works collaboratively with property management staff and other departments of CommonBond Communities.
- Develops an annual professional growth plan for continuing training.
- Contributes to the professional growth efforts of the Advantage Services team.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related field or at least three years experience in a related field
- Two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Training in the aging process, elder services, disability services, eligibility for and procedures of Federal and applicable State entitlement programs, drug and alcohol use and abuse by the elderly, and mental health issues.
- Two years experience implementing human service programs.
- Licensed Mental Health professional
- Four or more years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
- Experience working with refugees and/or knowledge of immigration procedures and issues
- Experience with employment assistance, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and disabilities.
- Knowledge of low income housing programs.
- Supervision experience with volunteers, interns or paid staff.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to file documents.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to interact verbally with internal and external audiences.
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.