Engineer, Sr. Electrical
Engineering design and analysis of the electrical and electronic portions of a new product or revised product. Review test and customer data, determine the causes of failures and develop appropriate solutions. Execute portions of or an entire project plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead and coordinate the development of electrical components and subsystems. Create design that satisfies the product requirements as outlined in the product specification and resolves design problems.
Perform engineering analysis to predict the behavior of the proposed designs. Analysis tools may include closed form solutions, or electronic simulation programs. Computing tools may be from calculators to computers.
Develop product design plans including budgets and schedules. Execute to plan and assists in control of project.
Consult with other product design engineers, marketing, research engineers or mechanical designers on proposed product designs. May be responsible for work direction of designers, drafters, contract/consulting personnel, and others.
Work with vendors to finalize designs and implements, in hardware, the needs of the product application. Develop specifications and working agreements with vendors. Help assure that the vendor meets the requirements of the design.
Perform functions as required by established engineering procedures including project requests through engineering release and change management procedures.
Assure that designs meet the requirements of the customer as defined by safety and any applicable industry or Toro standards.
Coordinate work with the product development team members such as but not exclusively: Shop, Test, Drafting, CAE, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing, Plants, Advanced Manufacturing, Sales, Technical Publications, Administration, and Management. Conduct and participate in regular project team meetings.
Responsible for drawing package, bill of material, and product specification. Responsible for the building of prototypes.
Work with and direct the work of test engineers and technicians to develop tests, which simulate the requirements of the customer. Evaluate test data and develop design revisions to solve problems.
Keep abreast of new technological developments, components, concepts, materials, manufacturing processes, or competitive environment, which would affect the design or design process.
Support company Quality Policy by working within the documented Quality System. Participate in quality initiatives and training as needed.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited Electrical Engineering program or similar.
- Successful completion of EIT requirements is desirable.
- 3-5+ years of experience applying electrical components and subsystems to mechanical systems for monitoring and control.
- Experience with electronics and software use of microcontrollers
- Experience with electric motors, motor inverters, sensors, and battery systems
- Experience with the software development processes and how it relates to electrical design and embedded systems.
- Ability to collaborate across robotics, software, hardware and engineering teams.
- Must be able to plan and execute all technical engineering activity for complete product development.
- Demonstrated competency in creativity, productivity, decision making, and problem resolution through successful completion of projects.
Other Job-Related Components:
- Travel to local test sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, and others will be required.
- Ability to work with others in teams to accomplish goals. Includes task and/or project leadership.
- Provide information leadership to others; Direct activities of engineers, designers, drafters, and support groups, such as Shop and Test personnel.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.