Business Office Manager
Business Office Manager
Job Locations USA-IL-Lisle
Posted Date 1 day ago(1/21/2022 7:44 AM)
Villa St. Benedict
Position Type Full-Time
Specific Shift Times 8:30am-5:00pm
Scheduled Days of the Week Monday-Friday
Weekend Work Requirement None
The Business Office Manager is responsible for the community's revenue cycle management processes and served as a liaison between the community and the Support Center.
- Ensures compliance to State, Federal or County rules and regulations and Benedictine policies and procedures regarding all accounts receivable processes.
- Develops proficiency and acts as a resource in the billing system, accounting software, online payer portals, and other applications, as needed.
- Ensures all admissions and financial related paperwork is thoroughly completed for each admitted resident and obtains prior authorizations where applicable.
- Manages resident set-up, applicable charges, payers and payer changes, and private pay set-up in billing system.
- Performs eligibility checks, verifies insurance benefits, and provides coverage details to residents.
- Drives the Medicaid application process for applicable residents.
- Responsible for census management for the community.
- Processes payments and performs daily bank deposits via desktop scanner, or a minimum of twice weekly if physical bank deposits are needed
- Enters ancillary charges and submits vendor invoices to Accounts Payable in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversees daily management of the Resident Trust Account (RTA) and petty cash, and assists in monthly reconciliation of the RTA.
- Performs applicable month-end close activities and reconciles Expenses to Revenue on a monthly basis.
- Completes annual Medicaid and Medicare Cost Reporting and other year-end activities.
- Participates in monthly accounts receivable aging review and assist centralized billing office as needed for collection activities or other follow-up items.
- Manages the selection, training, development and performance of assigned staff where applicable to retain a professional and motivated team.
- Asociate's Degree in business-related field or combination of High School Diploma and comparable experience
- Two (2) or more years of Business Office Manager experience
- One (1) or more years of healthcare accounts receivable and/or accounts payable experience
- Accounting and general office software proficiency and use of general office equipment
- One (1) year prior management experience