Highway Maintenance Worker
- Scott County
- Scott County, Minnesota
- Closing date
- Mar 18, 2022
- Construction, Government, Labor / Trades
- Employment Status
- Full Time
This position performs skilled labor in operating heavy motorized equipment on construction, reconstruction, repair, snow removal, bituminous work, general labor work, flagging, and assisting other workers on jobs related to the maintenance of County roadways, bridges, trails, and natural spaces. Work includes weekends, nights, and holidays as required by weather and maintenance conditions.
MQs: Requires equivalency of high school graduation and four years of work experience related to the construction and maintenance of roadways. Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with airbrake endorsement. Must obtain Class A CDL within one year of hire. Preference given for experience with bituminous, concrete, and pipe repair; snow and ice control; operating tandem-axel trucks w/plows, skid-steer loaders, and backhoes; and for MnDOT technical certifications. A pre-employment DOT drug test (in accordance with Part 382) is required.
Hiring Range: $22.84 - $28.55 – DOQ
Closing: Position will be open until filled.
Apply Online: www.scottcountymn.gov/jobs
EOE Let’s work together.
Scott County is a progressive-thinking public sector employer with 650 employees. We are located 25 miles SW of Minneapolis in downtown Shakopee.
Scott County is among the fastest growing counties in the nation. What an exciting time to be part of our GROWING organization! As an employer, we offer:
* flexible work schedules
* competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package
* a clean and friendly work environment
* and much more!
Scott County is committed to employee training and professional development -- and has resources earmarked for this purpose. In addition to being a recognized family-friendly organization, Scott County has initiated an array of programs and policies that encourage all employees to seek a balance in their work and their lives.
Working in the public sector, you can -- and will -- make a difference in peoplesâ€™ lives. We are a people-oriented service industry, dedicated to delivering quality public services to all citizens in an effective, professional, and efficient manner.
Consider joining the workforce in Scott County today. You'll be glad you did!
Compensation: It is the policy of Scott County that fair and equitable compensation shall be provided to employees for services rendered, and employees should be provided competitive rewards for achievement. The Compensation Plan shall promote the service-oriented performance philosophy of the County and recognize employee performance in relation to established behavioral criteria and the achievement of pre-established goals and objectives.
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package is provided for all employees who work 20 hours per week or more. This package includes:
- HealthPartners Health Insurance Single, two-party, or family plan options available
- Delta Dental Insurance Single or family plan options available.
- ReliaStar Life Insurance $10,000 County-paid coverage
- Flexible (Pre-Tax) Spending Health Care and Daycare Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- An Employee Assistance Program, PERA (Public Employee's Retirement Association) - A retirement system for county and local government employees set-up in 1931 by the MN Legislature.
Other Great Benefits Available:
- Affinity Plus (credit union)
- U.S. Government Savings Bonds
- VALIC - Deferred Compensation Plan
- Minnesota Benefit Association Insurance
- PERA Term Life Insurance
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions - Deferred Compensation Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Safety & Wellness Team
- Organizational commitment to employee training and development
- Free parking
Time-Off: 10 paid holidays per year. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Leave and Vacation and Sick Leave programs for eligible employees (21 to 33 days per year).
200 4th Ave W
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert