Responsible for developing test programs, directing tests, and analyzing test results.
Communicates results and recommendations to design engineering; electrical engineering and management personnel.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Validation and performance evaluation of prototype and production equipment using field tests and lab environments with simulated field conditions.
2. Plan, direct and conduct laboratory and field testing of products and/or components.
3. Design and direct construction of test fixtures to simulate use for lab performance and durability testing.
4. Organize test programs, including facilities, manpower, procedures and timing.
5. Review product designs for potential issues. Work closely with design engineering to improve product durability.
6. Perform concept evaluations and engineering feasibility evaluations.
7. Prepare detailed reports and test procedures documenting the results, methods and equipment used in product evaluation.
8. Review designs for potential latent safety defects.
9. Work with Quality engineers to develop production validation test programs. Evaluate results and recommend corrective action when required.
10. Support company Quality Policy by working within the documented Quality System. Participate in quality initiatives and training as needed.
11. Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Professional Engineering license, or
- B.S. Degree from an ABET accredited Mechanical, Electrical, or Aeronautical Engineering program and one to three years engineering experience, or
- Masters Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Agricultural Engineering from a university with an ABET accredited undergraduate engineering program and zero to two years engineering experience.
- Additional education in Software or Mechatronics Engineering desirable.
- Completion of EIT requirements desirable.
- Preferred experience with off road equipment or automotive test system development using Labview RT, FPGA, TestStand, and VeriStand products or equivalent test systems.
- Experience with hydraulic systems desired.
Other Job-Related Components:
- Travel to test sites, vendors, manufacturing facilities, customers and others, as required.
- Gives work direction to engineers, test technicians or drafters.