Press Reeltender FT
Star Tribune is seeking a Press Reel-Tender to assist in the print production of its newspaper and commercial press products.
Star Tribune remains open as an essential business so that we can keep communities and individuals informed during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Star Tribune will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
Perform duties relating to reel-room operations, plating the presses, stringing leads, purging ink, cleaning the press, roughing in ink and other related duties. Press production is a 7 day a week 365 days per year operation.
- Pressroom experience preferred
- Experience on large offset presses in a high volume and deadline driven operation a plus
- Previous certification or current training in a printing technology program preferred and may substitute for direct experience
- Training available to candidates with transferrable skills.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or granted an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief
Schedule: Full-time. 7 hours per day/35-hour work week. Shifts and start times vary.
Pay: This is a union position with a starting pay of $20.56
We are located along the Mississippi Riverfront in the beautiful North Loop of Minneapolis! Employees that meet hours and service eligibility may qualify for and elect medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) with matching company contributions and a variety of other benefits and employee discounts!
All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.
EOE: Star Tribune is a Veteran Friendly employer.