Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace for 12 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
MBE ENROLLMENT REPRESENTATIVE - STATE
Work Location: Standard or hybrid
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of applications for enrollment and the maintenance of member information. Serve as point of contact for applicants with questions and/or applicants who respond to requests to provide missing application information. Depending on product line, this position will be responsible for answering inbound calls to the Enrollment Center and making outbound calls as needed. Also responsible to process applications, obtain missing application information, process requests in work queues and/or email boxes, data entry, and some limited research. Representatives will be assigned to a product team as their primary focus; however, work will not be restricted to one product depending on the department needs.
• Ensure timely processing of enrollment applications for enrollment regardless of channel (online, Medicare.Gov, MNsure, Sales, Docusign)
• Obtain missing application information
• Respond to applicant and/or member requests via phone, work queue and/or email
• Provide a positive application/member experience through outstanding customer service skills
• Meet or exceed department standards for timeliness, completeness and accuracy. Support other team members and processes as needed to promote department's ability to meet requirements and produce accurate and timely deliverables.
• Validate and update eligibility data identified as discrepancies in the Health Care Economics reconciliation reports.
• Ability to identify errors in enrollment through knowledge of contractual and regulatory requirements, policies, and internal and external systems.
• Initiate and respond to Service Forms and member correspondence as needed to ensure member data is updated timely and any member questions are appropriately responded to and/or routed to Customer Service or other areas.
• Correct member number with "misfiled" documents, linking scanned documents to the correct member file. Process returned mail, including updating demographics and either re-mail letters or create new letters..
• Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Associates degree in business or related field; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
One year experience in healthcare, insurance, and/or customer service. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Data entry experience.
Medicare, Medicaid, and/or Individual health insurance market. Processing health insurance applications and/or enrollment..
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 1/20/2022