Star Tribune is seeking a Fleet Trainer for our Heritage production facility in the North Loop of Minneapolis. This position will coordinate, plan and conduct truck driver safety, training, and evaluation programs.
Star Tribune remains open as an essential business so that we can keep communities and individuals informed during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Star Tribune will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and conduct safety and training programs for inexperienced and experienced drivers in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. This includes on the road as well in classroom activities.
- Complete FMCSA certified “Safe and Smart” Driver Trainer program via curriculum developed by JJ Keller (extensive one week “train the trainer” course).
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of truck drivers.
- Prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Train drivers on proper use of Electronic Logging Device (ELD).
- Train drivers to obtain higher license level: from Non-CDL Entry Level Driver up to Class A CDL.
- Drive and deliver loads to any location in any vehicle with trainees as well as alone when needed.
- Update and monitor all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, regulations, and company policies. This includes keeping up to date our electronic log unassigned driving events.
- Assure staff is following safety protocols related to accidents and injury reports.
- Shifts may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have an excellent driving record and related driving experience.
- Trainer experience preferred – both on the road and in classroom.
- CDL Class A with air brake endorsement is required.
- Driver Trainers must comply with DOT hours of service.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Preferred knowledge of the Twin Cities and surrounding area.
- Selection process will include a road test and area knowledge.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or granted an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief
This is a Full-Time union position with a starting pay of $23.76/hour
We are located in the beautiful North Loop of Minneapolis! Employees that meet hours and service eligibility may qualify for and elect medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) with matching company contributions and a variety of other benefits and employee discounts!
All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.
EOE: Star Tribune is a Veteran Friendly employer.