Star Tribune is seeking to hire a full-time Mechanic for our Fleet Department. This job performs scheduled preventative maintenance, necessary repairs to truck (light and heavy) and cargo vans. Disassembles and overhauls motors, transmissions, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies. Position works with a high degree of independence. Uniforms provided.
Star Tribune remains open as an essential business so that we can keep communities and individuals informed during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Star Tribune will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
- Diagnose failures
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Maintain vehicle records and complete necessary documents
- Answer road calls
- Review driver’s pre-trip inspection slips
- Must have qualified CDL-A or CDL-B
- Mechanical knowledge of gas, propane, and diesel repair
- Experience with hydraulic and air brake systems
- Knowledge of internal combustible engines
- Proficient using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- ASE Certification/Technical School a plus, but not required.
- Welding and fabrication experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or granted an accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious belief
Schedule: Shifts may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Starting pay: This is a union position with a starting pay of $28.93
All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.
EOE: Star Tribune is a Veteran Friendly employer.