Board Administrative Coordinator
Job Class: Office and Administrative Specialist Senior
Working Title: Board Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 52179
Location: St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 1/19/2022
Closing Date: 2/2/2022
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Cosmetologist Exam Board
Division/Unit: Cosmetologist Examiners Board / Cosmetologist Examiners Board
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes- less than 5%
Salary Range: $19.39 - $26.23/hourly; $40,486 - $54,768/annually
Classified Status: Classified
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Minnesota Board of Cosmetology is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of Minnesota citizens and visitors by regulating the practice of cosmetology. The Board is comprised of seven board members representing each cosmetology license type and the public. Board staff is comprised of five divisions and more than 25 employees. The Board oversees more than 33,000 practitioners, 5,300 salons, and 35 schools across the state.
The Board Administrative Coordinator works with agency staff, Board members, licensees, applicants, and other stakeholders to coordinate Board and committee meetings for the Board. This includes systematically preparing and organizing meeting materials, documenting and disseminating meeting outcomes, tracking outstanding items, and retaining required records in a searchable format. The incumbent also coordinates the variance and waiver requests process, independently working with requestors to ensure request documentation meets requirements prior to presentation to the Board. This includes gathering and clarifying information, guiding requestors through the process and answering their questions, finalizing the written summary and compiling all supporting documentation for Board review, coordinating Board schedules and requestor invitations, presenting rule waivers and variance requests at Board meetings, and completing follow-up actions. The incumbent assists the Senior Leadership Team as needed with administrative tasks and special projects.
Resume must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Administrative support experience which includes scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, arranging logistics, and preparing necessary documentation while prioritizing competing tasks and exercising independent judgment
- Advanced written skills to draft, write and edit nonstandard and individualized documents, reports, letters, meeting materials, and other documents, using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence construction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to successfully work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
- Experience with public speaking and presenting information in group settings.
- Spreadsheet skills sufficient to effectively use spreadsheet software applications such as Microsoft Excel to create, enter, compile, store and retrieve data.
- Word processing skills sufficient to effectively use software applications such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Database skills sufficient to accurately enter data, develop queries, pull relevant data, analyze data, and compile and format data in appropriate report format for formal presentations.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Associate degree or higher degree in communications, liberal arts, business administration, or closely related field.
- Experience working with a board of directors, preparing board documentation or handling similar high-visibility responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat creating forms, OneNote, or similar software.
- Knowledge of Open Meeting Laws, requirements and timing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply statutory language.
- Ability to work with information requiring strong attention to detail.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
Applicants who are selected for an interview may be required to provide a writing sample. This position requires successful completion of the pre-employment reference checks and Driver’s license background check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
State employees should apply through self service to Job ID. All other individuals interested in the position should apply online on the State Careers’ web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers to the posting ID #52179.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jill Freudenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the selection process, contact Nella Austin at email@example.com. If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the job posting ID number to Nella Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, please contact Nella Austin for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.