- St. Catherine University
- Closing date
- Feb 10, 2022
Our Business Office is an agile and diverse environment and provides all administrative support for financial matters for the university, including budgeting, financial analysis, financial reporting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This position is on the Budget and Planning team. This role serves Finance, Enrollment Management and Institutional Advancement in developing relevant, timely revenue analysis in order to ensure that decision making is driven by data. These analyses are complex and include awareness of enrollment, academic program ROIs, fundraising and financial aid. Responsibilities include:
- Engage with internal and external resources to support goals for the core mission of the university.
- Develop relevant, timely student enrollment and financial aid models and analysis across programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment division's leadership to influence annual financial aid strategies, projections and net tuition results.
- Collect, extract and analyze enrollment and scholarship data in partnership with the Institutional Research department.
- Model return-on-investment ( ROI ) for Academic programs.
- Develop and write reports to assess available resources to support changing needs and new initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Director of ORSP and the Grant accountant in the Business Office to identify budget implications of grants and gifts each fiscal year.
- Participate as a team member to represent the Finance division as an engaged and collaborative partner, supporting customer communication and initiatives within the division.
- Analyze contracts from external vendors that impact enrollment and/or academic programs.
- Align the Auxiliary Services revenue and expenses with Enrollment Management plans.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field
- Five years of experience that includes the following:
- Participating in strategic planning and managing strategic initiatives
- Analyzing complex data and making financial recommendations to executive leadership
- Drafting, editing, and sending correspondence to executive leadership, colleagues, and stakeholders that is respectful and helpful and that includes sensitive and confidential information
- Using financial systems, data query tools, and ensuring data integrity
- Organizing and managing budgets including reconciliation
- Prioritizing and organizing multiple detailed and simultaneous tasks and owning responsibility for projects
- Proficient with Google Mail, MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint
- Masters Degree ( MBA or related field)
- Certified Public Accountant ( CPA )
- Experience working in Higher Education environment
- Experience with Banner or other integrated higher education software
- Experience with ARGOS or other report writing application
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.
Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact David Sengstock at email@example.com . Applications will be considered as they are submitted.
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their COVID -19 vaccination series unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine .
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
ST. CATHERINE UNIVERSITY
Formerly the College of St. Catherine, St. Kate’s was founded in St. Paul in 1905 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, whose social justice mission of loving God and neighbor without distinction anchors our commitment to respond to the needs of the time. The University is named for St. Catherine of Alexandria, the 4th-century Egyptian philosopher, who suffered martyrdom for her faith.
St. Kate’s is a nationally recognized university with the College for Women at its core which is one of the largest Catholic colleges for women in the nation. It is one of the most comprehensive Catholic universities in the United States, offering access to an education in over 80 academic programs ranging from professional certificates to post-graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional programs. In 2009, St. Kate’s moved from college to university status, retaining its tradition of academic excellence while expanding its structure to three colleges and three schools. The three schools are the School of Humanities, Arts and Sciences (SHAS), School of Business, and the Henrietta Schmoll School of Health (HSSH), each of which serves students in the College for Women, the Graduate College, and the College for Adults.
The University’s commitment to Inclusive Excellence encourages students across schools and colleges to incorporate global learning and experiences into their education. St. Kate’s is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of its six strategic priorities. Initiatives include the expansion of equity and inclusion-centered curricular content in specific courses and in each program of study, new recruitment strategies and training around elimination of bias, and retention efforts targeted for faculty and staff of color using professional development opportunities and resources. Finally, the plan has an explicit focus on the articulation and development of the essential skills students must possess to succeed in diverse and inclusive workplaces and communities and defining how the educational program and co-curricular student experience will foster these outcomes.
For career opportunities, please visit https://www.stkate.edu/careers
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert