Description: About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
As a Senior Engineer, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight in the application architecture. You can distill an abstract architecture into concrete design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the skills to design and implement the architecture on your own, but choose to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs, providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.What You Will Be Doing
Technologies You Will Be Using
- You will be a member of a software development engineering team focused on designing, building, and supporting a key service management console
- Work with Product Owners to gather and evaluate user requirements and become a "voice" of the customer
- Work across the organization to drive a unified user experience for all service management and reliability tools
- Work with key UI engineers to design and build reusable components within a micro-frontend architecture that delivers a consistent look and feel for the entire system
- You will evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership
- Provide mentorship to new and emerging engineers on the team
- You'll actively use agile methods with the team to manage WIP, flow and prioritization of work
- Adobe XD
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development and design platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $81,400-$146,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.