Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Event Description:
Target is hosting a comprehensive 3-day virtual symposium for about 100 rising Juniors. The symposium will focus on diversity and inclusion, development, the retail industry, and internship opportunities at Target.Location and Dates:
If you are selected to attend DLS, you will have the opportunity to:
- Format: Virtual
- Application Deadline: July 2, 2022
- Symposium Event Dates: August 3-5, 2022
Application and Eligibility Requirements:
- Learn about Target and career opportunities within Marketing.
- Hear from our employee resource groups (Business Councils) members and learn about the value of diversity in retail
- Attend developmental workshops, panels, and networking sessions with Target Leadership
- Engage in job shadowing with Team Members from Marketing
- Participate in a case-study competition
- You are guaranteed an interview for a Summer 2023 Internship!
As a potential Summer 2023 Marketing Intern...
- Current undergraduate sophomore (graduating between December 2023-August 2024) with strong academic performance (current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or any related field
- Demonstrates leadership, strong initiative, and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong planning and organizational skills
You will leverage key partnerships with Target Creative Studio, Merchandising, External Agencies and Media contacts to deliver strong campaigns, Target Branded Signing or packaging that drive guests to Target Stores and to Target products.
- Manage and present a project on an assigned topic in one of the following areas: Guest Brand Experience, Store Experience Marketing, Loyalty, Research Insights & Analytics, and more!
- Assist with the development of emerging channel marketing strategies including research, adoption and how they fit within the enterprise.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Merchandising, Finance, Target Creative Studio, Communications, and Stores as well as many other experts throughout the organization.
- Receive support and mentorship from an experienced team member and partner with a manager on professional development.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.