Description: JOIN US AS A SR WEB EXPERIENCE/ UI ENGINEER About us:
Target as a tech company? Absolutely! We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology and Data Engineering is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably.The Team:
The Sapphire product is our enterprise Data Sciences Experimentation and Measurement (e.g. enterprise A/B Testing) platform. If you are a software engineer with a passion for software architecture, cutting-edge technologies, massive scale, building performant systems, solving challenging problems with a diverse and inclusive global team, then this challenge is for you!About you:
- Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain.
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership.
- Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
- Manage total product, financials and forecasting. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services.
- Lead and conduct code review, design review, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Lead functional design and architecture discussions with understanding of process flows and system diagrams to enable design decisions.
- Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements and best practices met.
- Provide technical oversight and coach others to resolve complex and severe technical issues. Lead disaster recovery activities and contribute to disaster recovery planning.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience and exposure to front-end tooling such as package managers, CSS-preprocessing, file-bundlers such as webpack, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and implementation of scalable solutions using ReactJS
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and asynchronous request handling
- Ability to use code version tool such as Git
- Experience working with DevOps tools in an Agile development model
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within Product team
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times yr.Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is ($81,000) to ($146,500). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.