Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target's distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you'll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
The Talent Analytics team mission is to empower a data driven approach to HR and people decisions regarding our global workforce. We are uniquely positioned to provide unbiased insights to unlock value and drive outcomes and to enable and influence HR and business strategy.
The Talent Analytics team
About the role:
- Integrates into the business as strategic HR analytics partners and anticipates and uncovers stated or unstated needs.
- Listens and empowers team member and external stakeholder voice
- Provide reporting solutions to help inform on the current state of the business and help facilitate process at scale
- Uses our analytics expertise to test, measure, analyze, understand and answer various business questions
- Connects our understanding across business and HR to deliver data driven products and solutions
- Provide meaningful insights and recommendations
Our Lead HR Data Security Analyst will provide expertise and support to HR through the development and implementation of data management and security solutions to enhance privacy through team member data minimization efforts. You will be responsible for accelerating operations, reporting, and analytics by removing friction, while maintaining security in the share, use and storage of HR data. You will apply technical skills to help identify opportunities to better manage data from creation to transformation to application, while insuring quality along the way. You will supplement enterprise policies with additional support where needed for the unique challenges within HR. You will proactively analyze and present information and data in a context appropriate to evaluate ongoing programs, strategic priorities and Company directives.
- Work across multiple business and technology teams to advance HR's data governance
- Manage time independently, work independently and manage multiple open work streams
- Responsibility for security architecture across HR's data footprint in our analytical ecosystem
- Collaborate effectively across business and technology teams to deliver solutions for data sharing that conform to enterprise guidelines
- Maintain, in consultation with Legal/ Privacy, the HR data classification and standards definitions (e.g. Internal, Confidential, Secure Handling Required).
- Configure, implement, and maintain security groups to balance the support of our work with data exposure minimization best practices.
- Create and maintain automated and auditable solutions to provision data sharing that remove friction from the user and developer experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve user access issues
- Support automation, scheduling, and data flows as a first point of contact for trouble shooting and resolution
- Conduct root cause analysis on data discrepancies or data quality to drive towards resolution with technical teams and make recommendations to prevent future defects
- Serve as a steward of the HR data ecosystem by establishing tech routines to help manage resource consumption on BI and source system platforms from reporting and analytics activities
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years work experience in people analytics, data engineering, information systems, information security, data governance
- Familiarity with HR data, its application and the HR business processes that generates the data
- Demonstrated analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strong domain specific knowledge in Human Resources data and processes
- Programming: SQL
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Workday and Kronos systems
- Experience in change management within a data governance program
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $85,400-$153,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.