Social Services Specialist
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a Social Services Specialist position at our Seward Tower West property in Minneapolis. This position is full-time Monday-Friday (40 hours a week), with regular hours as late as 6:30pm, plus some evenings and weekends throughout the year for community events. The Social Services Specialist provides outreach to residents, assists in connecting residents with community resources, assists residents with individual service’s needs, and also supports daily logistical operations of the Advantage Center through office management, reception, program support and monitoring, communications coordination and data collection activities.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Provide individual services in consultation with the Services Coordinator to meet the needs of residents.
- Provide education and support to help residents understand housing-related policies and procedures and maintain lease compliance.
- Provide information and referrals to help residents connect with community resources.
- Assist residents to complete paperwork required to access services or maintain lease compliance.
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed documentation on client work in accordance with outlined procedures.
- Promote positive resident and community involvement in Advantage Center activities and services.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with residents and community service providers.
- Office Management
- Program support and monitoring
- Data collection
- Team participation
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in office management or administrative support.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilize electronic calendars and scheduling computer software and programs.
- Skilled in MS Office, data base and web based programs.
- Experienced user of copiers, fax machines, scanners and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent customer service skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Multilingual (Arabic, Oromo, Somali)
If you have the drive and a passion for strong communities, we’d like you to consider joining our team!
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.