STARTING DATE: Approximately July 1, 2022
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited (additional credit assignment in summer)
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by May 10, 2022. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Activities related to teaching and learning including but not limited to:
- Manage student simulation sessions
- Oversee simulation lab activities, lab inventory and maintenance
- Instruct courses in lab or clinical settings
- Instructional facilitation
- Assessment of student performance
- Program/college promotion and recruiting
- Participation in ongoing accreditation process
- Maintenance of professional skills and credentials
- Utilize effective interpersonal skills with students, faculty, and staff
- Faculty member will be required to comply with clinical vaccination requirements and provide proof as required by clinical facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Master’s degree in nursing. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in nursing will only be considered if work toward a graduate degree in nursing can be demonstrated.
- Nursing experience in medical-surgical and OB
- Nursing simulation experience
- Experience in teaching/training
- Project management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Demonstrated computer software proficiency
- Detailed oriented with strong follow-through
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources. Click on “Apply for Jobs”. You must apply online and attach a cover letter, electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
Shari Maloney, (320) 762-4466)
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is committed to legal affirmative action, equal opportunity, access and diversity of its campus community. (http://alextech.edu/nondiscrimination)