- Red River Communications
- Abercrombie, North Dakota
- Starting range $95,000
- Closing date
- May 26, 2022
- Accounting, Business, Energy / Utilities, Information Technology, Telecommunications
- Job Type
- Employment Status
- Full Time
How to Apply / Connect
Red River Communications is a leading-edge communications cooperative offering internet, digital tv, wireless internet, and cellular services. Within 30 miles of Fargo, ND enjoy small town life doing big things, close enough to shopping, entertainment and an airport in January when it's -30. If you're looking for a chance to advance your career this is the perfect opportunity. Red River Communications is a financially stable company that has seen continuous growth.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 9th, 2022 to be considered.
Responsible for the preparation, care and maintenance of all accounting and financial operations. Manages accounting staff by managing workflow, training, accuracy and overall efficiencies of the department. Responsibilities include accounting and financial record keeping and reporting, overseeing short- and long-term investments and management of cash flows. Also oversees CapEx budget process, audit functions, prepares financial forecasts, and acquisition analysis. Analyze financial data to present to CEO and Board as well as contribute to the strategic planning process. May also research, recommend, and administer long-term investments and projections. Duties require a broad and comprehensive knowledge of the company’s policies and operations, and a high level of confidentiality must be maintained when warranted. Responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise.
Essential Job Functions (May include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Actively encourages teamwork, open communication, and cooperative interaction by promoting a positive work environment that reflects the company’s vision and values.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance. Monitors company cash flow utilizing projections, investing excess funds, analyzing long term debt, and reviewing other reports consistently.
- Responsible for completing or overseeing the preparation of all general ledger journal entries.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations to the General Manager/CEO as needed.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Prepares, oversees, and coordinates financial data for Red River Communications Board of Directors, RUS, NECA, FCC and any other state and/or federal agencies in a proactive manner.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Must work closely with the General Manager/CEO and others on the management team providing input, ideas, and proposals for the benefit of Red River Communications.
- Oversees company insurance for Coop assets while maintaining appropriate levels are adequate to provide protection.
- Supervises accounting staff by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring workflow to ensure timely completion of accounting activities.
- Must be dedicated and committed to achieving company goals and objectives to promote the overall operation of Red River Communications.
- Must work safely and comply with all safety policies and company policies as set forth by Red River Communications.
- Must display a positive, professional appearance and work attitude to encourage and motivate subordinates.
- Must maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and usually equal 5% or less of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
- Knowledge of Telco financial functions.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry and Telco accounting practices.
- Knowledge of State and Federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of NECA procedures.
- Must be able to continuously read, write, analyze, and speak with clarity as needed.
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data, and to be able to think creatively and analytically
- Ability to effectively present financial information and respond to questions from the CEO/GM and Board of Directors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
- Must possess a valid and insurable driver’s license.
This job supervises the Payroll and Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk and Plant Accountant
Education and Experience Desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each item under “Essential Job Functions” satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar.
- 5-8 years of similar experience
- Telecommunications industry experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Analytical skills
- Computer Skills
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert