***Eligible for $2,000 Hiring Bonus***
(Direct Hire ONLY)
Wage: Starting at $19.99 base + $.50 Shift Differential, Top rate @ 1 year- $23.11 base
Hours: 3:00 pm-11:00 pm
Safely operates all assigned equipment to move material. Use all equipment and effectively complete all necessary paperwork accurately. Prepare all products for damage-free shipment.
Procedures are well established. Supervisor readily available as needed.
High School Diploma/Equivalent preferred. Zero to two years’ experience required.
Forklift license required. Understanding of inventory required.
Occasional physical effort (continuous or prolonged standing/ bending, etc.) required. Work environment involves constant exposure to adverse conditions such as dust, noise, fumes, weather, poor lighting, or heavy machinery/equipment.
Graphic Packaging International. Must be willing and able to work overtime.
See Physical Demand & Job Analysis for more detailed information.
- Operate forklift, and other material handling equipment as required safely (including charging and maintenance of propane/batteries – performance of daily PM checklist).
- Be able to complete Material Handler Training Checklist.
- Operate stretch wrapper safely. Operate the warehouse management system to check inventory, locations and
- Must know paperwork documentation procedures for movement of materials and be able to complete the forms efficiently and accurately.
- Work with other material handlers, operators, and assistants to keep production areas serviced.
- Assist less experienced material handlers when necessary.
- Work toward and maintain an accurate orderly inventory by placing product in proper places.
- Work in a safe manner and assure co-workers work in a safe manner.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility safety and quality policies / procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations. Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting food safety requirements.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
- Has the responsibility to handle hazardous and other chemical waste in a manner that complies with GPI procedures and is consistent with training received.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the proper accumulating, marking, containerizing, handling, storing, shipping, and preparing of records and shipping papers/manifests for hazardous and other non-hazardous chemical wastes that will help ensure compliance
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster