Flexo Press Helper
***Eligible for $2,000 Hiring Bonus***
(Direct Hire ONLY)
Wage: Starting at $19.41 Top rate @ 1 1/2 years - $24.48
Hours: 12 Hour Shift - 7:00 am-7:00 pm (Monday morning - Thursday night)
Flexo Press Helpers clean press parts and pumps assist with job changes and general housekeeping.
The position is an entry level position and is intended to be used for “flex” purposes to allow maximum training and development. Employee can be assigned to a variety of tasks within the parameters of the union contract at the Production Supervisor’s discretion. This position should have special emphasis on ensuring a focus on training on all equipment within the department.
Direct supervision given, with specific and detailed instructions provided.
- Observes company safety rules and complies with safety practices.
- Performs general housekeeping functions in assigned areas.
- Assists in press operations in safe and efficient manner
- Follows direction of department leadership and /or Press operators and 2nd Press operators as needed to support production needs
- Backs up Press Helper as required
- Learns all aspects of press operations
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and scrap rates meet or exceed established standards.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility production and product safety standards to include food safety, food defense, and quality policies.
- Support machine operations as assigned by department leadership
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting food safety requirements.
Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
The above description/summary may be amended, revised, or supplemented as the Company deems necessary in order to maintain safe, efficient, and continuous operation.
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Judgment and maturity – Average degree of both required
Frequent/strenuous physical effort (lifting, moving heavy objects, etc.) required.
Frequently exposed to conditions involving noise, fumes, and hazardous chemicals
Must be able to work overtime as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.41 - $24.48 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location