Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
You will be joining a fast-paced team that will deliver authentication solutions that span network, desktop, multi-cloud and Point of Sale (POS) registers. The team is currently working on developing access solutions that will aid Targets multi-cloud environment. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
A Glimpse of what you will be involved with:
- Apply the latest authentication standards to provide mobile, desktop or cloud solutions to eliminate passwords.
- Help the team make data-driven decisions by developing real-time analytics around authentication and use of authenticators.
- Follow Agile practices to prototype and deliver solutions to customers' needs.
- Passion to automate. Who likes to do the same thing over-and-over again? We should be free to innovate.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to leverage open source frameworks and Industry standards to develop solutions.
- Write high-quality code. We are not limited to languages but are more focused on what's the best fit.
- Experience in any of Java, Golang, Python is preferred.
- Experience with Agile and Continuous Delivery practices such as CI/CD and TDD
- Experience with Release Automation and Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Chef, Drone, Terraform, Artifactory, Git, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker is a plus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- BS degree in computer science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient with an programming language (e.g. Java, Golang)
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience building scalable REST APIs
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git
- Knowledgeable of message streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka)
- Knowledgeable of microservice design patterns
- Exposure to containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes and culture (e.g. Drone, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.