ASSORTMENT PLANNING SOLUTIONS LEAD (0000095202)
Date: September 2020About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target's resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
The Assortment Planning Team is focused on delivering an assortment planning process that is more consistent, data driven and tied to long-term strategy. Our goal in the short-term is to create capacity and efficiency for teams through a focus on role clarity, consistency in end-to-end approach, improved tools/technology and training to onboard and sustain team member knowledge. In 2022+ our goal is to enable the team to deliver assortments that are more guest relevant through stronger connection to data/insights, automated activities to drive better decision making and consistent alignment to Merchandising strategic priorities.
As an Assortment Planning Solutions Lead, you will play a critical leadership role in building the approach our merchandising teams will take when creating assortments. You will lead a cross-functional effort focused on building solutions that drive efficiency and build preference for Target. Your work will be high in scope across people, process and technology and impact multiple teams across the enterprise. Work will evolve as we learn more about the current process and build towards the future - but key goals will include:
- Identify and prioritize critical opportunities within end-to-end Assortment Planning process
- Create and lead cross-functional teams of peers and leaders
- Build solutions in partnership with AP stakeholders, working team, task force and cross functional partners
- Establish and manage routines to drive accountability and action within prioritized solution workstreams
- Build relationships and drive thought leadership with teams across the Enterprise
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 4-year college degree
- 6+ Years of Related Experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Robust problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a variety of project types
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong cross-functional partnerships and track record of influencing CFT leaders
- Flexible, adaptable, and resilient to change
- Merchandising experience across businesses and functions preferred
- Change management experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.