Description: Job Title and Job Code:
Lead Consultant, Security IntelligenceClassification:
December 2021About Us:
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fueland develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
A role within Corporate Security
means working with a team dedicated to protecting the Target team, guests, property, and brand. You will use our comprehensive understanding and management of evolving security risks to protect our Target community throughout the world. You may support Target's Crisis and Threat Management, Preparedness and Continuity, Forensics, Intelligence, Physical Security and Safety, Executive Services, or Operations teams.
This position is responsible for the continuous development and execution of Target's security intelligence and travel security programs. You'll use your skills and experience to ensure Target has continuous awareness of, and insight into, the current and emergent threat landscapes and your success will be determined by your ability to maintain a strong understanding of Target's operations and capabilities, and by continually identifying and contextualizing any risks that could materialize and impact Target's operations. This role will also serve in an on-call, incident leader rotation.
As a Lead Security Intelligence Consultant you will:
- Collaborate with Corporate Security and business leaders to, lead intelligence initiatives that mature physical security, geopolitical, and organizational threat and risk programs and drive enterprise awareness of top security risks and response strategies; support a culture of continuous learning and improvement by analyzing the effectiveness of existing policies and practices and leading the identification, development and implementation of new, or evolving techniques
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate accurate and timely global threat intelligence based on the impact, credibility, and likelihood of an incident;
- Develop briefings, reports, and position papers, with a focus on relevant, actionable intelligence; Leverage data to prepare presentations and mitigation recommendations for leadership on current and emerging risks
- Establish trusted relationships with assigned business units and serve as primary point of contact , thought partner and advisor on identified risks or incidents
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and interpretation of security intelligence trends, technology and practices and establish effective industry networks (public and private sectors) to support benchmarking, program development and enhancements
- Design, develop and recommend ongoing travel security program controls that are comprehensive and risk-centric
- Review and assess travel risk scenarios, prioritizing traveler safety while enabling for ongoing business operations.
- Support crisis management teams in disaster recovery and preparedness efforts for significant events/incidents; participate in the development of mitigation strategies, the creation of e, pro-active and reactive response plans, and actively supporting business continuity and recovery initiatives
- Serve as an incident leader by maintaining expert understanding of assigned issues, providinge guidance to the Corporate Command Center (C3) team, and developing communication and escalation techniques to support timely and thorough security response.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of daily watch operations and provide support when required, including establishing and maintaining watch floor protocols, incident assessment, validation, and escalation
- Consistently demonstrate behaviors aligned to Target's values of Inclusivity, Connection, and Drive
- Other duties as assigned
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needsAbout you:
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant field of study and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within a corporate security environment (public or private sector), with specific experience managing intelligence and travel security programs and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, resolve conflict, build consensus, establish rapport and collaborate effectively across departments and externally
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage data to influence decisions, identify risks and improvement opportunities, and distill complex issues into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create transparency and confidence and influence across all levels of Target Team Members
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and successfully manage multiple tasks or projects in response to ambiguous, changing or competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining appropriate prioritization and ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and sensitivity while working with confidential information
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.