The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist supports peers who are in recovery from a substance use disorder. They will work with participants of the Ramsey County Treatment Courts and serve as a role model, mentor, advocate, and motivator to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery. The Specialist must demonstrate an ability to share their personal recovery story and develop authentic peer-to-peer relationships.
This position is specifically for candidates who have or are seeking Peer Recovery Specialist Certification, have a history of a diagnosed substance use disorder, and are willing to openly share their recovery experiences. Those applying for the position should be able to understand and articulate the role and duties of a Peer Recovery Specialist.
- Basic office and computer skills required, including use of Microsoft Office and ability to utilize databases
- Preferred experience in facilitation of curriculum-based group programming, such as Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP)
- Willingness to be flexible with scheduling to meet with peers and stakeholders and facilitate supportive groups
- Fluency in Spanish/Karen/Hmong, spoken and written, preferred
- Knowledge of various Ramsey County substance abuse recovery support services
- Certified Peer Recovery Specialist through the Minnesota Certification Board (or ready to obtain certification within six months)
- Personal experience with successful sobriety and/or recovery for at least one year
- Pass pre-employment background check
- Ascribe to and champion The Difference Principles
JusticePoint is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer