Social Service Coordinator
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for the Social Service Coordinator at our Yorkdale Townhomes property in Edina, MN. The Social Service Coordinator - Family Sites, Advantage Services provides culturally appropriate individual services, programs, assessment, referral, and advocacy to promote resident stability. The Social Service Coordinator also plans, coordinates, and evaluates programs to promote healthy and positive relationships within the community. Experience working with families, seniors, and people who were formerly homeless, as well as experience-enhancing community engagement and resident leadership are helpful.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Provide professional, culturally appropriate individual services coordination to meet the needs of residents at select housing communities
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy, and brief counseling
- Plan, coordinate, promote and manage the delivery of Advantage Center programs and services provided for the benefit of youth, adults and seniors
- Promote positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework in accordance with professional ethics and corporate procedures
- Maintain records, statistics, and documentation, and provide information as requested
- Act as a liaison between community-based social services and housing management staff for the benefit of individual residents
- Consult with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines
- Effectively represent CommonBond Communities, and the housing communities in the surrounding neighborhood and relevant service networks
- Actively participate in Advantage Services team meetings and promote collaborative problem solving and professional development
- Responsible for the site-based, property management program compliance.
- Interviews residents and timely processes certifications in accordance with HUD rules and regulations along with CommonBond Communities policies and procedures.
- Accurately enters compliance information into YARDI (computer software system).
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services or similarly related field, or at least three years of experience in a related field.
- At least two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
If you have the drive and a passion for strong communities, we’d like you to consider joining our team!
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.