Social Services Coordinator - Hastings & Farmington, MN
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for the Social Services Coordinator, Advantage Services position at two senior independent living sites in Hastings and Farmington, MN. The Social Services Coordinator, Advantage Services role promotes the mission of CommonBond Communities by planning, coordinating and evaluating services for residents living in CommonBond housing communities. Major responsibilities include providing services, resources and programs that promote resident stability and independence, along with community engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
Provide professional individual services coordination to meet the needs of residents at select housing communities’.
- Respond to referrals for individual services
- Identify and assess individual and community needs
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy and brief counseling
- Work with residents to set goals, develop plans, make referrals and connect with community service providers
- Maintain ongoing communication with the referral source, the resident, other CommonBond Communities staff, and community service providers
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework in accordance with professional ethics and corporate procedures
- Act as a liaison between community-based social services and housing management staff for the benefit of individual residents
- Consults with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines
- Act as an advocate for individual residents to assist with efforts to maintain affordable housing
- Produce and annually update and directory of important community services for resident use.
Plan, coordinate, promote and manage the delivery of other Advantage Center programs and services provided for the benefit of seniors.
- Assess seniors’ and community needs.
- Initiate programs which promote education, employment, home ownership, wellness, independence and asset development.
- Develop and maintain services and programs with community providers.
- Collaborate with other CommonBond Communities staff to meet program needs.
- Maintain records, compile statistics, documentation, and provide information as requested.
- Coordinate volunteer participation in the delivery of programs.
- Solicit regular resident input for program planning.
Promotes positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
- Promotes positive resident/community involvement.
- Supports resident association activities and leadership development through provision of technical and resource support.
- Develop collaborative relationships to support Advantage Center Operations.
- Work closely with housing management staff to develop and maintain safe housing and to promote resident self-sufficiency
- Effectively represent CommonBond Communities, and the housing communities in the surrounding neighborhood and relevant service networks
- Work collaboratively with the site Advantage Services team.
- Participate collaboratively in Advantage Services staff meetings and training.
- Meet regularly and work as team members with Property Management.
- Maintain productive relationships with owner/affiliate boards and community partners.
- Participate in corporate projects and complete other assignments as requested.
- Participate in ongoing interactions with Resource Development team on volunteer recruitment and placement and fundraising efforts.
Annual Recertification Support
- Responsible for the site-based, property management program compliance.
- Interviews residents and timely processes certifications in accordance with HUD rules and regulations along with CommonBond Communities policies and procedures.
- Accurately enters compliance information into YARDI (computer software system).
- Develops an annual professional growth plan for continuing training
- Contributes to the professional growth efforts of the Advantage Services team
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related field or at least three years experience in a related field.
- Two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Training in the aging process, elder services, disability services, eligibility for and procedures of Federal and applicable State entitlement programs, drug and alcohol use and abuse by the elderly, and mental health issues.
- Licensed mental health professional.
- Four or more years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals and families.
- Experience working with refugees and/or knowledge of immigration procedures and issues
- Master's Degree in social work, human services or related field.
- Experience with employment assistance, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and disabilities.
- Knowledge of low income housing programs.
- Supervision experience with volunteers, interns or paid staff.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to file documents.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to interact verbally with internal and external audiences.
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites.