Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Caretaker/Housekeeper position at our North Gables and East Shore properties. If you’re excited about helping families in having a stable place to live, consider applying for this position! The Caretaker/Housekeeper is responsible for the interior and exterior cleanliness and appearance of the assigned buildings, office, models, and vacant apartment homes.
- Thoroughly cleans all apartment turnovers in an agreed-upon time frame as set up with the property manager. Typically apartment turnovers occur between the last day of the month and the first day of the month. The turnovers must be completed in a most pristine manner.
- Cleans vacant units in accordance with cleaning checklist.
- Resets breakers and changes switches/outlets plates.
- Cuts keys for residents.
- Monitors water level on boiler systems.
- Shuts off water valves when necessary.
- Lights pilots on gas stoves.
- Light painting/wall repair
- Keeps all assigned interior areas clean and free of debris. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Vacuums stairways and halls.
- Washes, walls, railings, windows in stairways, halls and entryway.
- Cleans light fixtures.
- Mops entryways.
- Shakes or vacuums rugs.
- Waxes floors.
- Performs year-round grounds maintenance, including snow and ice removal.
- Picks up any debris outside of buildings.
- Performs routine light inspection of common areas.
- Repairs window screens.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Polishes and fluffs vacant apartments on a weekly basis.
- Locks up common areas in rotation with the other caretakers.
- Works both on the last day of the month and the first day of the month.
- Keeps all dumpster areas clean and free of debris.
- Informs property manager of needed supplies
- Delivers all notices on a daily basis.
- Reviews turnover schedule daily.
- Reports policy violations.
- Assists with resident functions.
- Types necessary work orders in the computer for maintenance staff to follow.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Six months caretaking experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 21 lbs. frequently and up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
- Walking, bending, lifting, kneeling and stair climbing.
- Push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Withstand external weather conditions.
- Reach above and below shoulders.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, pull, and manipulate machinery and objects.
- Smoke-free environment.
- Overtime as necessary.
- Moderate noise level.
- Some exposure to chemicals.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the property manager or regional manager.