Employer: Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
Job Title: Auditor
Location: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $48,317 – $92,995
Category: Accounting, Business
Job type: Employee (Federal)
Employment Status: Full Time, permanent
About Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
Auditing defense contracts is unlike anything you will do or see in the financial world. Before an aircraft carrier sails out to sea for the first time or the next generation of F35s takes to the skies, DCAA auditors have been on board. Before a new medevac helicopter lifts off, we've seen it being made. Be it weapons, aircraft, ships, tanks, uniforms, satellites – our auditors conduct independent assessments to ensure our military and taxpayers get the best value for every dollar spent. DCAA provides a unique service to our country and makes a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Our civilian auditors support the warfighter and protect the taxpayer which provides a deep sense of pride and career gratification.
If you seek inclusive, impactful and challenging assignments with focus on specialized training, career development while working for an agency ranked in the top 25% of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government – we welcome you to join the elite cadre of accounting-focused professionals who have made DCAA their employer of choice.
DCAA currently has immediate need to fill entry-level auditor positions in St. Paul, MN as well as 47 other locations, nationwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the Contractor.
- Reviews standard audit programs and steps, previous work papers, reports, guidance material, draft audit reports with findings and conclusions on the audit performed in accordance with agency procedures.
- Maintains audit working papers including preparation of schedules, summaries, and reconciliations as instructed or appropriate.
- Performs assigned audit steps such as tests and examinations of contractor's direct labor and material costs.
- Checks reports, records, ledgers, and other documents against invoices, receipts, payroll slips, and other source documents.
- Verifies appropriateness of charges for materials and labor and determines that transactions have been properly recorded.
- Participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals.
- Maintains professional manner and working relationships with team members, associates, contractors and other government personnel.
- Prepares working papers and analyzes contractor data using automation tools.
1. Education Requirements:
a. Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field that includes 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 hours in business law)
2. Combination of Experience and Education:
At least 4 full-time years of experience in an accounting/auditing career plus one of the following:
a. 24 semester hours in accounting/finance (up to 6 hours in business law); OR
b. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
3. Must be U.S. Citizen
Enjoy all the benefits of working for DCAA, DoD and the Federal Government:
- Competitive salaries and career advancement opportunities
- Unparalleled training from the Defense Contract Audit Institute and many professional and leadership development programs
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible work hours and teleworking opportunities
- Generous leave, benefits, and retirement packages
- Reimbursement for job-related education and certifications
How to Apply: Simply email your resume and a copy of your transcripts to Recruitment@dcaa.mil for direct hire consideration. Please mention you saw us in the Star Tribune and include the location(s) for which you wish to be considered. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule interview.
Learn more: https://www.dcaa.mil/Careers/