Outside Residential Sales Representative
Outside Residential Sales Representative
EOE STATEMENT Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. DESCRIPTION
Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for an Outside Residential Sales Representative!
Flexible schedule with unlimited earning potential.
Perfect Opporutnity for College students/Internship!
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Job Title: Outside Residential Sales Representative
Location: Blaine, MN
Terms: Day Shift, Seasonal - May-August with high possibility of being hired on as full-time.
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and provide 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
The Outside Residential Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads and proactively prospecting and selling new and profitable business within an assigned geographic area. The Outside Residential Sales Representative will use a targeted prospect list to canvas local neighborhoods on a door-to-door basis and other approved marketing means. This position is flexible with unlimited earning potential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties below satisfactorily.
- Identifies viable leads, manages prospects, and acquires new, profitable residential business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to prospective new clients; follows up with key customer decision makers to close sales.
- Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
- Canvases local neighborhoods on a door-to-door basis.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated markets to anticipate changing customer needs.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, and pricing structures.
- Completes required Customer Service Agreements, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Valid Drivers License
- Reliable Transportation
- Good attitude, strong work history, strong work ethic, and an outgoing personality
- Preferred: Previous Sales experience.
- You must have the ability to regularly perform the physical activity while working outdoors exposed to the elements. Frequent walking, standing, bending, climbing stairs.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- State-of-the-art onboard routing software, industry-leading safety training, driver recognition program, uniforms, and boot allowance.
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer HSA Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- 401K with Employer Match
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash Pickup if within the service area
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
OPEN DATE 5/23/2022
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.