Battery Electric Vehicle Engineer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Job Summary: Lead heat transfer solutions for the electrification of the large, mobile equipment industry and focus on Battery and Electric Systems. Responsible for driving innovation, design, and development of BEV heat transfer solutions for our customers’ portfolio of battery and fuel cell operated vehicles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, develop, and incorporate advanced heat transfer solutions into electric vehicle technologies for customer products.
- Elicit requirements from customers, sales teams, and industries standards to capture customer and business needs.
- Validate electric vehicle thermal management controls through rapid control prototyping. Develop functional controls and requirements for electric vehicle thermal management systems including testing equipment.
- Develop product performance specifications, interface, and control documents.
- Generate engineering documents and drawings
- Collect, organize, process, and analyze large quantities of vehicle/battery/ heat exchanger test data to evaluate performance.
- Execute test plans, test scripts, test automation, and the generation of test reports.
- Take design from concept, to requirements, to build, test, to production.
- Performs related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete a project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledge and understanding of various battery systems such as Lithium-Ion battery systems and homologation requirements, standards, compliance testing, and qualifications.
- Experience with failure analysis methods such as FMEA and fault tree analysis.
- Working knowledge of engineering tools/methods (CANalyzer, High Voltage Battery Systems and test set ups).
- In-depth experience with battery cell specification, battery module and pack design, thermal management, and integration.
- Good understanding of battery cell chemistry, performance, and failure modes.
- Ability to understand complex electric and mechanical systems on vehicle and battery level.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detailed orientated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with Auto Cad, SolidWorks, or similar software.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple duties/projects simultaneously.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/related technical Degree; 5 years’ experience in battery electric systems development. Understanding of the key cell, module and battery design elements that result in successful field deployment of battery electric vehicle systems. Understanding of the battery system’s underlying physics, primary functions, and optimization.
- Master’s degree in mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering or equivalent with 5 years of experience in customer and supplier engagement roles, in the field of battery systems.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.